Contact Me!

** Email me at: capsdegenerate@gmail.com ** Follow me on Twitter! @capsdegenerate **

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Phew!

I think the quote of the night comes from my friend, who is a Blackhawks fan:

"The Capitals are the most tortured franchise when it comes to the playoffs and how the team finds ways to lose.  You're going to complain about how they won this game?" 

Well, kind of.  Nice response via Ovechkin's equalizer. What a blast by Semin! And the Caps, for the most part, had a solid defensive game.  Neuvy indeed matched Hank in net.

But, something just didn't seem right.  The way they started flat in the third period is inexcusable. The fact that the power play is still inept bothers me to no end. 

Yes, in fairness, the Rangers were 0 for 2 on the PP as well.  But talk about DC missing a chance to take a solid lead in the first period........

The fact that the 1-seed had to come back to force overtime to win this game against an 8-seed.  

Even though the Caps won, it was eerily familiar to last year's Game 1 vs. Montreal.

They need to step it up.  If the Caps play full-throttle then they can win the remaining games by a score of 4 to 1, or something to that effect.  

And maybe that's the thing.  I don't feel that the Caps played full-throttle tonight.  

What are you waiting for????????  It's the playoffs!!!!!!  Now's the time!!!!!!!!

This series does NOT need to be close! 

I'll take the win.  A win is a win is a win.  But, I'm still not convinced the Caps want to go deep this year.  

After all this franchise has been through, that scares me.

I hope I'm dead wrong.  

And I hope the Caps show me something more in Game 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment