Contact Me!

** Email me at: capsdegenerate@gmail.com ** Follow me on Twitter! @capsdegenerate **

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Throwing My Hat into the Blog Rink

As us Washingtonians celebrate our hockey team's 9th straight win, allow me to introduce myself.  I've been a fellow Caps fan for 25+ years -- ever since I could remember.

And while I will reveal more about myself in future posts, just know that when it comes to sports I believe everything else is a distant second to Caps hockey.

I've always wanted to try this blogging thing out and finally have the time.  Maybe it appeals to me because I need a therapeutic way to deal with all of the past playoff disappointments.

Or, because I want to be on the 'net when the team finally musters up 16 playoff wins in the same year.   I mean, I'll actually be out partying until 10 a.m. the next day - but you get the point.


Regardless, the remainder of the 2010/2011 regular season and this year's playoffs will be a trial for me.  I'll just have to see how often I post and on which Caps topics. This is new to me after all :)

But, by the start of the next regular season I should have a good idea what this blog will be about.  And the goal is to give you a worthwhile, entertaining read. Something you can't get anywhere else.

So, until I figure out the meaning of this blog and the meaning of life, let's all hope for a win in Detroit tomorrow night.

I still hate them for 1998 and think of most of their fans as condescending and arrogant. True or not, it gets me through the day.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by.  Looking forward to hanging out with my favorite peeps out there -- Caps fans!



Sincerely yours,


- Caps Degenerate

1 comment: